Two robots woke up at an unknown environment. One only sign shows the following message: Toxic. Do not touch the walls! The robots have only one thing to do: navigate this environment without hitting any walls until an exit is found.
- Practice coding robots for autonomous tasks
- Navigate, plan, and reflect upon trajectories of a robot in a static environment
- Become confident and independent at solving problems.
- Manage emotions
- Exercise creativity
Mathematics Florida Standards (MAFS) Grade 5
MAFS.F.OA.1.1; MAFS.F.OA.1.2; MAFS.F.MD.1.1; MAFS.F.G.1.1; MAFS.F.G.1.2; MAFS.F.G.2.3; MAFS.F.G.2.4;
- Set up a maze using boxes or other materials available.
- Define one start and one exit positions.
- Place two robots at the starting point.
- Each team should program the robot to exit the maze avoid hitting any obstacle.
- The goal is to exit the maze first. If a robot hits any obstacle, it should be placed back at the start position.